School SEND Offer

What are Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities?
Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) is a legal term. 
A child or young person has SEN if they have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for him or her
A child of compulsory school age or a young person has a learning difficulty or disability if he or she:
  • has a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others of the same age, or
  • has a disability which prevents or hinders him or her from making use of facilities of a kind generally provided for others of the same age in mainstream schools or mainstream post-16 institutions
English as an Additional Language (EAL) is not considered a special educational need. Differentiated work and individual learning opportunities are provided for children who are learning EAL as part of our provision for underachieving learners. 
Please click here for further information on the SEND code of Practice.
Please click here to see the Local Offer.
Please click here to see the SEND Information Report.
Who do I talk to? Communication with Parents
How does school provide for children with SEND? How is the progress of children with SEND measured?
What is an EHCP? Staff training on SEND
Curriculum  Transition of children with SEND

Click here for the Thomas's Academy Policies